Recently we played around with a few simple ingredients resulting in us making an awesome dinner. The prawns with the shell on make such a difference to the taste of the sauce. This pasta dish is so delicious and easy to whip up during the week. If you love prawns, coconut and pasta this is definitely a recipe you have to try.
Ingredients (Serves 3 generously)
- 1 large Onion diced
- Oil (we used coconut oil)
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic,Ginger & Chilli Mix (recipe here)
- Raw Prawns (with the shell on)
- 1 cup Tomato Passata
- 1 cup Water
- 1/4 Creamed Coconut Block.
- Handful of Coriander chopped
- Pinch of Turmeric
- Chilli Powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 lime juice
- Pasta (any will do but spaghetti shapes are best)
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Then drain when done.
- Heat up the oil in a wok. Add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the garlic, ginger & chilli paste and cook until fragrant.
- Then add the tomato passata, water and pure creamed coconut.
- When it has mixed together add the prawns and the rest of the ingredients.
- Once the prawns are done it is ready to be served.
We hope you enjoy this recipe. We would love any feedback and comments.